Accredited Athletic Training Programs in Pennsylvania
|Department Info||Program Director|
501 E. 38th St.
Erie, PA 16546
(814) 824 1926
Department Fax: (814) 824 3258
Sportmedicine Department Chair: Brad Jacobson MA, ATC
Athletic Training Program Director: Scott Michel, ATC
Athletic Training Program Clinical Coordinator: Bradley W. Sage MSEd, ATC
- Year of CAAHEP Accreditation: 1993 Initial CAATE Accreditation: 2006
CAATE Re-Accreditation: 2010, Valid through 2019/2020
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training Length: 4 years
- Students are accepted in the sophomore year after passing a thorough freshman review board process.
Freshman student athletic training students are required to do 100 hours of observation in the athletic training room on campus, shadowing upperclassmen at over 15 affiliated clinical settings.
Average number of students accepted per year: 15; however there is no cap on the number of students accepted
Credits: 131 total
Minimum QPA: 2.65
Transfers students: Are accepted; but most will still require 3 years to complete the program.
Financial Aid and Scholarships: Available through Mercyhurst College Financial Aid Office
Work Study: Yes
- CAATE Accreditation through 2020
- Small class sizes ( average of 10 students per class)
- No Cap on # of students
- We accept all students into the major who meet the minimum requirement
- Personal one on one attention from faculty & staff
- Students can minor in pre- physical therapy or exercise science
- Students can dual-major in pre-medicine
- Evidenced based theories throughout the curriculum and first hand research experience with Baccalaureate Research Project
Intense Clinical Exposure
- Clinical observation freshman year!
- Hands-on clinical assignments begin in Sophomore year (6 clinical assignments over 3 years)
- 15 affiliated clinical settings
- Senior Capstone experience