Accredited Athletic Training Programs in Pennsylvania
|Department Info||Program Director|
|Health and Human Performance Department
Grantham, PA 17027
Edwin A. “Sandy” Bush. M.S.,
Year of NATA Approval: 1991
Year of CAAHEP Accreditation: 1996
Year of CAATE Accreditation: 2006
Current CAATE Accreditation until 2025-2026
Degree Granted: Bachelor of Arts in Athletic Training
- (A) Overall Program (4 years);
- (B) Formal Major (5 semesters once accepted into program)
Credits: 123: 47 Athletic Training credits
Number of Applications: 12-20
Number Accepted into Program Per Year: 12-20
Pre-requisites/Admissions: 25-40 Directed Observation hours, 45 College Credits, 6 Specific Athletic Training courses
Direct admission into Program: No
Year accepted into program: Sophomore year, 2nd semester.
Transfers: Transfers are encouraged, accepted on a case by case basis.
Financial Aid: Financial Aid Office (717) 766-2511 or www.messiah.edu
College offers a variety of scholarships (see college catalog)
Work Study: Available to all students. Athletic Training Work Study available for sophomores, juniors and seniors.
Admissions Information: Admissions Office 1-(800) 233-4220 or www.messiah.edu
- Academically Challenging
- Christian atmosphere and user friendly.
- Sports participation permitted (any sport)
- High first-time pass rate on the national BOC Exam.
- High placement for graduates in entry-level jobs and graduate programs
- Clinical education experience includes: College setting (variety of sports), High School and College setting off- campus (lacrosse and football), and off-campus Clinic settings (physically active)
- Cadaver Dissection
- Surgery Observations
- Physician Observations
- Low Preceptor Ratio
- Planning to transition to entry-level Masters Program
- Feel free to contact the Program Director for more information or access the College website at www.messiah.edu (click on Campus Directory (upper right beside Site Search); scroll down and click on Department of Health, Nutrition and Exercise Science; click on Academic programs; click on Athletic Training.)