Accredited Athletic Training Programs in Pennsylvania
Penn State University
|Department Info||Program Director|
|Department of Kinesiology
University Park, PA 16802
Program Director: Giampietro Vairo, ATC
Year of NATA Approval: 1977
Year of CAATE Accreditation: 1996 (current through 2019)
Degree Granted: B.S. in Athletic Training
Program Length: 5 semester, students admittedin Spring of Sophmore year.
Credits: 25 General Education, 49 Related Course Work, 46 Athletic Training, Total = 120 credits
Number of Applications Per Year: variable
Number Accepted into Program Per Year: (Class Size): average of 20-30 (max 36)
Prerequisites/Admissions: Yes, refer to web-site
Direct Admission into Program: No.
Year Accepted into Program: Sophomore
Transfers: Yes, handled individually
Tuition:PA Resident: $15,562/year (plus fees) Non Resident: $27,864/year (plus fees) *
Scholarships: Based on merit and financial need *
Work Study: No work study available for employment in the athletic training rooms but opportunities exist on campus for those qualified *
For More Information on:
*Tuition: See http://tuition.psu.edu/
*Financial Aid: See http://studentaid.psu.edu/
*Admission Material: See http://www.hhdev.psu.edu/kines/undergraduate/athletic-training
- Head Athletic Trainer Tim Bream joined the PSU ATEP in 2012 after spending 17 years with the Chicago Bears as the Head Athletic Trainer. Tim’s commitment to undergraduate education is unmatched and his belief that as many students as possible should get to experience Penn State Football as a clinical rotation is a definite program highlight.
- First time BOC pass rate averaging over 90% in the last 5 years.
- 6 on-campus athletic training rooms (LASCH, Rec Hall, East Area Locker Room, Multisport, BJC, White Building)
- 7 off-campus clinical sites (6 local High Schools, Penn State Altoona)
- General Medical roations in PT Clinic, Orthopedic Clinic, Student Health Center
- Excellent Graduate School Placement