Accredited Athletic Training Programs in Pennsylvania
|Department Info||Program Director|
|Department of Sports Medicine
51 West College Street
Waynesburg, PA 15370
Drue Stapleton, ATCEmail: email@example.com
Year of NATA Approval: 1993
Year of CAAHEP Accreditation: 1998
Degree Granted: Bachelor of Science
Program Length: 4 years- 1 years in Basic program and 3 years in Athletic Training Advanced Program
- A) General Education=47
- B) Athletic Training major=76
Number of Applications: N/A
Number Accepted into Program:
- A) No limit as freshman
- B) 15 Accepted between sophomore and Senior years.
Prerequisites/ Admission: Attained a C- grade in all required major courses:
- BIO 109 - Human Anatomy
- BIO 105 - Medical Terminology
- ATP 105 - Introduction to Athletic Training
- ATP 107 - Emergency Response in Athletes
- Maintain a 2.5 overall Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Obtain a minimum of 100 clock hours of directed clinical observation in the Athletic Training Room
- Submit a completed application packet including essay, recommendation letters and a transcript.
- Complete entrance examination (70%).
- Be interviewed by the Athletic Training Academic Standards and Selection Committee
- Have documentation of Physical Exam and Hepatitis B vaccination
- Meet the written Technical Standards of the ATEP with our without reasonable accommodation
Retention in our Program:
Maintain a GPA of 2.5 overall Receive a C- or better on all ATP and BIO major courses
Score 70% on all clinical proficiencies
Complete all clinical responsibilities as assigned
Direct Admission into Program: No.
Prerequisites: Must complete prerequisites during freshman year.
Year accepted into program: Prior to beginning of Sophomore Year.
Transfers: Must speak with program director.
Tuition: 22,150.00 (Resident student including room and board)
Scholarships: Yes, inquire with Financial Aid office (724) 852 -3208
Work-study: Yes, through Financial Aid Office (724) 852-3208
Financial Aid: Direct all inquiries to Financial Aid Office (724) 852-3208
Admission Material: Obtain from Admission office (724) 852-3248.
- Christian College with a Service Mission
- CAAHEP ACCREDITED
- Small Class sizes with personal attention by faculty
- 6 Semesters of clinical experience
- Academic Professors also teach clinically
- Departmental Scholarship Opportunities
- Meet Prerequisites for allied health graduate programs
- Double major/minor in Exercise Science or Biology
- Able to participate in Varsity sports Surgery observations
- Diverse Clinical Experiences
- State of the Art Facilities